If you have read the acclaimed book “Barbarian Days” you may have noticed that this one was special and different from everything else you might have read about surfing before. Attractive from the first paragraph and so we are very happy to announce this very special guest of the latest episode on Get Wet Soon.
Get Wet Soon is talking about William Finnegan the author the wonderful piece Barbarian Days, with whom they sat down in Berlin during the Surffilm-Festival in Berlin which was organised by Nouvague-Events. They had had a pizza, a lemonade and a very nice conversation about his book and therefore about his life of writing and surfing.
Subjects they were talking about:
- How it came to the idea for Barbarian Days
- Lifestyle of Traveling compared to living in New York
- The development of Surfing in general (commercialisation etc.)
- Did his life changed after winning the Pulitzer Price?
- The meaning of the ocean
- Filled line ups due to publications
- Literature / Writers that did inspire William Finnegan
- and more…
Check this great conversation here. Enjoy it and good waves out there!